Join the Library in celebrating Sr. Janet’s 35 years of service to Emmanuel College. View the 1979 Presidential Inauguration Exhibit in person in the Library’s Main Reading Room or online at http://library.emmanuel.edu/ARCHIVE/content/1979-presidential-inauguration-exhibit-sr-janet-eisner-snd
Ebrary’s new online reader interface:
- Supported browsers and tablets
Windows 7, 8, 8.1
OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and 10.9 (Mavericks)
Chrome – latest version
IE – 9,10,11
Safari- latest 2 versions
Firefox- latest 2 versions
- User permissions are stated on the detail page – varies by publisher
- Can share a link to the whole book or if on a page, can share a link to that specific page.
- Cite book – Refworks is an option.
- NORMALIZED page numbers – e-version aligns with print version
- Downloading: pop-up gives option of downloading to laptop, apple device, or android.
For desktop and laptop still need Adobe Digital Editions. Only need Adobe ID if you want to transfer book from laptop to iphone/ipad. Do not need an Adobe ID to download and use book exclusively on laptop
Apple or Android devices use Bluefire app for downloads and reading
- Can bookmark pages
- Bookshelf – the same as the previous version
- Star icon on left brings up Annotations pane- brings up notes/annotations for book you are in.
TRAINING: Lib Guides http://Proquest.libguides.com/ebrary
YouTube ebrary training videos – 1 min to 1 1/2 min videos
Check out the Library’s 2nd floor book display:
Religious festive practices in Boston’s North End
Two centuries of faith
As if an enemy’s country
Highway to the past
Inventing the Charles River
Boston, inspirational women
Athens of America
Eden on the Charles
City so Grand
Sarah’s Long Walk
Isabella Stewart Gardner and Fenway Court
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
Makers of Trinity Church in the city of Boston
Children’s Hospital Boston
Faithful to Fenway
Red Sox Nation
Boston sites and insights
Ciment, J. (2013). Another America: The story of Liberia and the former slaves who ruled it. New York: Hill and Wang, p. 162.
If you have had issues opening PDFs in Science Direct, please note the following regarding having a Science Direct PDF render properly:
Customers will be able to download and read content for which they have access rights but other My Account functionality and purchasing options will be unavailable.