As in: “The Sonoran Desert, sere and zipping past, could have enhanced that idea, certainly.”
Finnegan, W. (2008, September 29). The Last Tour. The New Yorker, 84(30), 71.
- Explore definitions at the library’s E-Ready Reference Resources site using the Dictionaries listed on Research Guide: Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, etc.
- More about aspects of desert life at these sites:
- an Online Exhibits: The Desert Biome from the University of California Museum of Paleontology;
- more detail about the Biological Soil Crust from the U.S. Geological Survey Canyons Land Research Station;
- visit the Joshua Tree National Part: A Desert Park;
- explore The Art of Being Taureg: Sahara Nomads in the Modern World, from the National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian.
Posted by the Reference Department