In 1985 Emmanuel College ceased using Alumnae Hall (opened in 1949) as its science center and as a result a new location was needed to house that branch of academic research. To accomplish this Marian Hall, originally opened as a student union/dormitory in 1955, was converted to serve as the College’s new science center that included 30,000 square feet of classrooms, laboratories, greenhouse and an improved dinning facility (opened October 25, 1987). To help offset the loss of space in Marian Hall a student plaza was designed for the Administration Building and included areas for a café and a mailroom. The Student Plaza opened on April 13, 1988 (Emmanuel Quarterly Winter 1987, Spring Summer 1988).
25th Anniversary of the Opening of the Renovated Marian Hall Science Center and the Student Plaza