When you are using the MBTA to get around this month, look for poetry in a variety of places:
- On the Green Line, look for three featured poems, part of the Poetry on the T program;
- To find poems featured in the past through the Poetry Society of America program, search for ‘Boston’ on their Poetry in Motion® Atlas;
- On the Red Line, read the poetry incised in the brick pavers of the Davis Square Station platform;
- On the web, learn the history of the song, written in rhyme, ‘Charlie on the MTA ’; And
- See a recent “Stop & Starts” column in the Boston Globe for an ode to the Government Center Station recently closed for renovations.
~ Mary Litterst, Reference Librarian