Ebrary’s new online reader interface:
- Supported browsers and tablets
Windows 7, 8, 8.1
OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and 10.9 (Mavericks)
Chrome – latest version
IE – 9,10,11
Safari- latest 2 versions
Firefox- latest 2 versions
- User permissions are stated on the detail page – varies by publisher
- Can share a link to the whole book or if on a page, can share a link to that specific page.
- Cite book – Refworks is an option.
- NORMALIZED page numbers – e-version aligns with print version
- Downloading: pop-up gives option of downloading to laptop, apple device, or android.
For desktop and laptop still need Adobe Digital Editions. Only need Adobe ID if you want to transfer book from laptop to iphone/ipad. Do not need an Adobe ID to download and use book exclusively on laptop
Apple or Android devices use Bluefire app for downloads and reading
- Can bookmark pages
- Bookshelf – the same as the previous version
- Star icon on left brings up Annotations pane- brings up notes/annotations for book you are in.
TRAINING: Lib Guides http://Proquest.libguides.com/ebrary
YouTube ebrary training videos – 1 min to 1 1/2 min videos